Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Teeny Tiny NYX "Haul"

Recently, I was alerted by one of the beauty blogs I read that NYX was now being sold at Target!  I was super excited, and immediately went to the store locator on the NYX website to see if my local Target was one of the stores they were talking about....only to find that, of course, the closest branch participating is about 35-40 minutes away from me.  Luckily, I had to drive near to that location recently, and so I just *had* to stop and check out what they had gotten in!

  • Jumbo Eyeshadow Stick in Milk--I am super excited they had this!! I have been looking for this for a while, and every location I had previously gone that sells NYX products were sold out! I can't wait to try this on a night out to use as a base for some of the eyeshadows in the Urban Decay Ammo palette--this white is going to make them really pop, and I think it will look amazing.  I also think I could get away with using this as a brow highlight, and maybe even put it in my inner corners to brighten a look.
  • Soft Matte Lip Cream in Antwerp--I have the worst luck with lip colors.  Since you can't really swatch in the store, and the colors of the tubes in real life don't look anything like the swatches I looked up online, I got this color based on a review that it was a good everyday color.  However, I have a light, cool-toned skin tone, and I don't think peachy colors ever end up looking that good on me.  I tried this on the first day I got it, but I was in a rush and wiped it off without really getting a good feel for the color.  I do like these Lip Creams though...they kind of feel like you are wiping frosting on your lips, but they have a very good color payoff and they don't feel too drying.  (I know that in the swatch below, this doesn't look matte...but that's because I was overexcited and took the picture before it dried...woops!)
  • Matte Lipstick in Summer Breeze--I chose this color because I don't really have any bright lighter pinks in my collection, and I thought that this might be nice, since it is a slightly more neutral-looking color.  Again, I tried this on quickly and didn't get too much of a feel for the color on my lips, but the lipstick is buildable and I think this could work nicely as a more wearable color if I can figure out a way to tone the pink down a little.  I love bright lip colors, but it's taking me a while to get used to wearing them, as they are definitely more obvious, and a far cry from the everyday, more natural and MLBB lip colors I tend to gravitate toward.  



Matte Lipstick in Summer Breeze...........................................Jumbo ES Stick in Milk and Antwerp SMLC.


















Bubblegum and starfruit! I'm outskies.

No comments:

Post a Comment